Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Grandpa buys a new baby stroller

I am JoPa and I am the grandfather to Holden. Taking Holden for a walk in his stroller has always been one of my favourite things to do with him. I have been doing it since he was only one week old. Cathy (my wife) and I in fact had bought an Eddie Bauer stroller for him and his mom and dad before he was born.

One day, a few months back I was taking a Holden for a walk in his Eddie Bauer stroller. It was a long walk, and it was a beautiful sunny day. Holden had fallen asleep in the stroller.

As I turned the corner on one of the streets the sun shone into the stroller and directly on Holden’s face. The sun’s intensity immediately woke Holden up. I continued walking but Holden became frustrated with the sun being in his face.

I stopped to examine the stroller to see if there was some way to adjust the sun hood so that I could block the sun from being in Holden’s face. The adjustment could not be made.

So, I continued walking but I turned the stroller so that I was dragging it behind me so that the sun would no longer be in Holden’s face.

It was a pain walking this way but Holden settled down and fell back to sleep.

When I got home I mentioned the sun issue to my daughter Jen who told me that it was a regular problem for her, and that she hangs a sheet over the stroller when it happens.

My response was that was fine but that on our baby gear website http://www.babytravelplanet.com/ we need to look for and find a stroller that has the capability to block the sun rays from a baby’s face when out for a walk on a sunny day.

Tomorrow… the solution

Visit us at http://www.babytravelplanet.com/
JoePa

No comments: